Wednesday, September 4, 2013

We have now completed our first Social Studies unit. Tomorrow we will start Science; the first topic this year will be on Ecosystems. Please make sure students have their headsets tomorrow because we will be listening to notes online.

Quiz Today- Students were given time to complete the quiz in class, then I allowed students to use their notes for 10 minutes. :-) I understand the start of a new year takes some getting used; I will not do this again. Lots of students were nervous about the first quiz. My reasons for open notes was to help students start the year off with a good grade. It will probably take me a few days to grade them and I will call students up to view their grade. Several students have not finished their flashcards on Quizlet or on paper note cards. I will not take anything after today because we are starting fresh tomorrow with Science.

There is no homework other than having headphones. I would suggest spending time working on the States Project. The first group's projects are due near the first of October, don't let it sneak up on you!